Woodstock Chiropractic Massage
It is no secret that massage therapy helps to relax and reduce stress. But did you know that Woodstock chiropractic massage can help relieve headaches, fibromyalgia, whiplash, and insomnia?
Gone are the days when getting a massage was just a way to pamper yourself and boost your mood. Say hello to a time when physicians, chiropractors, and physical therapists are recommending massage as an effective component for treating all types of pain and health conditions.
Types of Chiropractic Massage
“Massage” is an umbrella term for rubbing, pressing, and manipulating muscles, tendons, skin, and ligaments that move and support your body. These types include:
- Myofascial Massage – This technique focuses on the pain stemming from myofascial – tough membranes that wrap, connect, and support your muscles. Your Wood chiropractor at Advanced Health Solutions – GA Spine & Disc will apply light pressure to myofascial areas of your body that feel stiff to loosen up those restricted muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage – Your chiropractor will use slow, forceful strokes to target your deep layer of muscle and connective tissue. This type of massage is ideal for breaking down scar tissue, managing pain, and circulating blood flow.
- Sports Massage – Designed for people who’re involved in sports activities, a sports massage focuses on areas of your body that are stressed and overused due to repetitive movement. This type of chiropractic massage helps athletes prepare for an event, promotes flexibility, reduces recovery time after an event, improves endurance, reduces fatigue, and even helps prevent injuries.
- Neuromuscular Massage (Trigger-Point Therapy) – Using their elbows, fingers, or knuckles, your chiropractor will apply concentrated pressure to your tender and tight muscles and areas where you experience muscle spasms. This type of massage addresses postural issues, circulation, chronic pain, nerve compression, and problems caused by overuse injuries.
- Swedish Massage – This is a gentle Woodstock chiropractic massage in which your chiropractor will use circular movements, long strokes, tapping, and kneading to relieve muscle tension and relax and energize you.
Benefits of Chiropractic Massage
According to a study published in Annals of Family Medicine (2014), it was found that two or three 60-minute therapeutic massages a week for a month relieved chronic neck pain better than fewer or shorter massages or no massage at all.
Benfits of chiropractic massage
However, the benefits of chiropractic massage Woodstock go beyond reducing pain and muscle tension in the knees, back, neck, and other parts of your body. Studies show that massage can be effective for dealing with:
- Digestive disorders
- Frozen shoulder (a side effect of working on a computer all day)
- Headaches, including migraines, tension headaches cluster headaches, and sinus headaches
- Radiating pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Insomnia related to stress
- Strains and sprains
- Sports injuries
- Post-surgical scar tissue
- Repetitive stress injuries from standing or sitting for several hours a day
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Temporomandibular joint and muscle disorder (TMJ)
Overall impovement in health
Many people who go for Woodstock chiropractic massage to help manage a specific condition or pain also experience improvements in their overall wellness. A study published in Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice showed that people who had four weekly hand massages and did self-massage at home not only reduced pain in their hands and boosted grip strength but also had less anxiety and depression and slept better than people in the control group who did not receive hand massages.
By integrating massage therapy with routine chiropractic care Woodstock, you will experience:
- Reduced inflammation in your body
- Increased flexibility and range of motion
- Improved functioning of your nervous system
- Increase blood flow and circulation
Woodstock Chiropractic Massage
Whether massage is your way to relax and recharge or it is part of your chiropractic care, Advanced Health Solutions – GA Spine & Disc offers massage therapy services that will suit your needs and naturally improve your overall health and well-being. Call us today at (770) 212-3991 or contact us online to schedule your next Woodstock chiropractic massage.