Supartz Injections and Chiropractic
Supartz Injections normally used to treat knee pain in patients that have osteoarthritis, and they haven`t received relief from other available treatments. It is a hyaluronic acid derivative which works by improving the effectiveness of the fluid that is within the knee joint of an individual to act as a shock absorber and lubricant.
People Who Should NOT Use Supartz
• Those who are allergic to any ingredients in Supartz, or even to other similar medicines
• Those who have knee joint infections, or skin diseases around the injection sites
Anyone who is experiencing any of these should contact me immediately.
Before Using Supartz
There are medication conditions that can affect Supartz. One should let me know if:
• Breast-feeding, planning to be pregnant, or pregnant
• Taking any nonprescription or prescription medication, dietary supplement, or herbal preparation
• Allergic to foods, medicines, or any other substances
• Allergic to birds or even birds’ products (such as feathers, poultry, or eggs). This is because some Supartz brands have ingredients that come from chickens
• He or she has received any other injectable medicine in the same that Supartz should be injected
How To Use Supartz
Be sure to use Supartz as I will direct. Always check the medicine label for correct dosing instructions. Here is what a patient should always know before using it.
• An additional leaflet that is meant for a patient is available with Supartz. Let me know in case you have any question regarding this information
• Supartz will be given as an injection into the patient`s knee joint at my office, clinic, or hospital
• Supartz Injections is normally given to a patient as a series of injections, one (1) week apart for a total of about three (3) to five (5) injections depending on the products that one is using
• Don’t use disinfectants that contain ammonium salt in preparation of the skin for the injection since the side effects can occur
• Don’t use Supartz if it has particles, is discolored or cloudy, or even if the syringe or vial is damaged or cracked
• Be sure to keep Supartz, as well as needles and syringes, out of the reach of pets and children. Also, do not re-use syringes, needles, or any other materials. Ask the right procedure on how to dispose of such materials after using them. Follow any local guidelines for disposal.
• If one has missed a dose of the product, he or she should let me know so that I determine a new dosing schedule
Supartz Side Effects
• Stuffy nose
• Skin rashes, hives, and itching
• Pain or redness at the injection area
• Swelling of face, lips, or face
• Blue color, flushing, or redness of the skin
• Difficulty in swallowing
• Dizziness, or feeling faint
• Troubled breathing, tightness in chest, and wheezing
These side effects are more severe than the common ones. Therefore, one should see me or any nearby doctor immediately in case these occur.
• Stomach pain
• Nausea, and vomiting
• Large, nonelevated purplish or blue patches on the skin
• Skin itching
• Loss of appetite
These side effects are common and might not need medical attention.
In conclusion, these are some of the things that one should know regarding Supartz Injections and Chiropractic.