Physical Therapy – Can It Help Me?
According to the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), a physical therapist is a highly-trained and fully-certified health care professional who can diagnose physical abnormalities, restore mobility and physical function, maintain physical function, and promote proper function and physical activity. Physical therapy is considered a conservative approach to managing problems. That is why primary care physicians often refer their patients to Woodstock physical therapists at the first sign of a problem.
Dr. Kal, our Woodstock chiropractor, can develop a personalized physical therapy program to help you return to the proper level of functioning, and encourage lifestyle changes and activities that can assist to prevent further injuries and improve your health and overall well-being.
Woodstock physical therapy can help people of all ages who’ve illnesses, injuries or medical conditions that limit their ability to move and function. Our physical therapists at Advanced Health Solutions, Woodstock, Georgia evaluate and treat abnormal physical functions related to an injury, disease, disability or other medical condition.
What To Expect
Physical therapy, Woodstock may be a standalone treatment option, or it may support other treatments. Our physical therapist takes care of the patients throughout the healing process, from initial diagnosis and evaluation through the restorative and preventive stages of recovery.
A doctor may refer some patients to a physical therapist, but others seek therapy themselves. Whichever way you come to our Woodstock physical therapist, you can expect to:
- Undergo a thorough physical examination and evaluation, including your health history and specific testing procedures such as evaluation of muscle and joint motion and performance, and movement, flexibility, and posture
- Get physical therapy treatment and intervention based on the evaluation and diagnosis of the therapist
- Get a clinical diagnosis, prognosis, and plan of care.
- Get self-management recommendations including short and long-term goals
You will train with our Woodstock physical therapist in exercises, which you can do at home, to help you function more effectively.
Depending on their specialty, Woodstock physical therapists can treat a wide range of medical conditions.
Some conditions, which can benefit from physical therapy, Woodstock are:
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction such as rotator cuff tears, temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ), and back pain
- Hand therapy for conditions such as trigger finger and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neurological conditions such as spinal cord injuries, stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain injuries, and vestibular dysfunction
- Cardiopulmonary conditions, such as post-myocardial infarction (MI), cystic fibrosis (CF) and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pediatric conditions such as muscular dystrophy, developmental delays, and cerebral palsy
- Women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction, such as lymphedema and urinary incontinence
- Sports-related injuries, such as tennis elbow and concussion
Physical therapy may also address other cases including diabetic ulcers, burns, and wound care.
Benefits Of Physical Therapy, Woodstock, GA
Based on the reason for treatment, the following are some of the benefits of physical therapy:
- Enhanced mobility and movement
- Avoiding surgery
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
- Recovery from paralysis or stroke
- Management of age-related medical problems
- Recovery from trauma or injury
- Improved balance
- Fall prevention
Dr. Kal, our Woodstock chiropractor, can advise you about the benefits specific to your medical history and your need for treatment. If you’re an athlete, our sports therapist, Woodstock, GA can help you to maximize your performance through strengthening specific parts of your body and using muscles in new ways.
Therefore, if you need physical therapy in Woodstock Georgia, contact or visit Advanced Health Solutions Medical Center. Call us today at (770) 212-3991.